NORTH METRO CHURCH – COVID-19 UPDATE
April 1, 2020
We are all becoming more aware of the impact of COVID-19, affecting families, our hospitals and health care systems, and the economy. I fully trust the Lord and pray for Godly wisdom and discernment. Please read through the following content carefully.
DIFFICULT DECISIONS FROM NORTH METRO ELDERS
The Elder Team has prayed, reviewed, and recognized the need to be financially responsible and proactive during the COVID-19 crisis. Amidst the reality of dramatically decreased giving over the past month, non-staff elders have made the following decisions with immediate effect, with the full support of Lead Pastor and Elder, Dr. James Wagstaff and Executive Pastor and Elder, Danny Bote:
- All full-time employees will receive a 20% reduction in annual salary/hourly pay
- All part-time employees will receive a 50% reduction in working hours
- The above reductions will be in place through June 30, 2020, the end of the annual budget cycle, and will be reviewed regularly
- Spending freeze on all non-essential budgeted items
- Continued 100% financial support of strategic missions partnerships, such as the Indian orphanage and Tanzanian Medical Clinic
Scroll down to watch a video message from Rico Figueroa, Chairman.
What can you do?
- Continue to pray for the elders to make wise decisions in rapidly changing times
- Consider how you can give financially. North Metro operates on the sacrificial and generous giving of its members and attenders. We do not receive funds from any other source. Giving is an act of worship—it is not the amount but the heart (Luke 21:1–4). Despite these challenging economic times, if you have not had the opportunity to give, you can participate by making a one-time or recurring donation here, or find other options on our website at northmetrochurch.org/give.
- Connect with us in ways to serve. In the days to come, more than ever, we will need every person to lend a hand. The staff will be putting together a list of tasks and will be sharing this in the weeks to come. Please contact us if you have some time to help out.
WEEKLY UPDATES AND EASTER PLANS
North Metro will continue to meet virtually and online for the near future. Here’s how we can connect together:
What’s new this week? Starting this Friday, North Metro Kids families can go to northmetrochurch.org/kids to access Sunday School materials, including video lessons and resources. Content will be updated weekly after 12 pm on Friday. Check your email on Friday with more information.
Thank you in advance for your ongoing faithfulness to North Metro Church. Let’s continue to be the church and care for one another and our wider community.
James Wagstaff, Lead Pastor
Discovering Life Together